Dr Aditya Misra
- Vitreo retina and uvea consultant
- Retina foundation and Asopolov eye hospital
Near Shahibaug underbridge,Ahmedabad
- Email: email@example.com
- Mobile: +91 -9558124758
Speciality : Ophthalmology
Superspeciality: Retina & Vitreous, uvea
Special Interests: Surgical Retina, uveitis, Ocular Trauma
To develop good surgical and clinical skills in field of vitreo retina and uvea. To acquire and apply advanced knowledge in the field of vision science. To make best use of my knowledge in research based career.
All kinds of regular clinical examinations with experience of working with
- Fundus Fluorescein Angiography
- Optical Coherence Tomography
- Ultrasonography (B scan)
- Ultrasound Biomicroscopy
- Retinal lasers (Barrage, focal and panretinal photocoagulation)
- Slit lamp biomicroscopy
- Applanation tonometry
- Corneal scraping
- YAG laser iridotomy and capsulotomy
- Efficient in all kinds of vitreo retinal surgeries. Has done more than 7000 all kinds of retinal surgeries.
- Confident in doing independent extracapsular cataract extraction, small incision cataract surgery and phacoemulsification surgery. Also done entropion surgeries, DCT, evisceration, pterygium surgery and all minor surgical procedures.
- Presently working as a vitreo retina and uvea consultant at Retina Foundation (Dr Nagpal Hospital) Ahmedabad for last 6 years.
- Independently managed a peripheral centre for 6 months.
- Observership in Uveitis at PGI Chandigarh for 1 month and 1 week at SankarNetralaya Chennai.
- Observership in vitreo- retina for 3 months at ICARE Eye Hospital and Post graduate Institute, NOIDA.
- Epidermal nevus syndrome - DOS times 2005
- OCT in ARMD - Ophthalmology today
- Orbscan II - Ophthalmology today
- Incidental unilateral infectious crystalline keratopathy in a patient with no predisposing factor - a unique case presentation – NJO 2005
- An unusual presentation of 3rd nerve palsy with chiasmal syndrome due to suprasellar meningioma – NJO 2005
- Interstitial keratitis – DOS times.
- Ectatic disorders of the cornea – Ophthalmology today
- Grand rounds in uveitis – NJO
- Efficacy of preoperative bevacizumab injection for vitrectomy in diabetic tractional retinal detachment : World journal of retina and vitreous, September – December 2011; 1 (2): 52 – 57.
- Central serous chorioretinopathy in the fellow eye following treatment for probable VKH disease. World Journal of Retina and Vitreous, May – August 2012;2(2): 53 – 56.
- Throwing new light on buckling surgery. Retina Today. Jan 2013
- Central serous chorioretinopathy. Spectral-domain Optical Coherence Tomography Imaging of the Eye by AnandVinekar
- Macroaneurysm. Spectral-domain Optical Coherence Tomography Imaging of the Eye byAnandVinekar
- Outcomes of surgery for retinal detachment in eyes having choroidal coloboma : Article in press; TJO.
- Topical nepafenac 0.1% alone versus prednisolone acetate 1% as postoperative anti-inflammatory agents in small gauge vitrectomy. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2014 May;62(5):606-9
- Nagpal M, Shakya K, Mehrotra N, Kothari K, Bhatt K, Mehta R, et al. Morphometric analysis of fovea with spectral-domain optical coherence tomography and visual outcome postsurgery for retinal detachment. Indian J Ophthalmol 2014;62:846-50.
- Manish Nagpal, Gaurav Paranjpe, NavneetMehrotra, Siddharth Bhardwaj. Evaluation of Wound Morphology of Sclerotomy Sites of Sutureless Vitrectomy Using Spectralis Anterior Segment Optical Coherence Tomography [Internet]. The Asia-Pacific Journal of Ophthalmology. 2014.Vol: 3(2): p. 88
- .Outcomes of combination therapy with dexamethasone implant and bevacizumab in macular edema related to vascular occlusions. Taiwan Journal of Ophthalmology. Volume 4, Issue 2, June 2014, Pages 77–81.
- Nagpal M, Hassan S, Mehrotra N, Rahud J, Yadav H. Seven-year Follow-up of Clinical Course of Choroidal Osteoma: A Case Report. World J Retina Vitreous 2012;2(2):28-31.
- Hybrid Technique for Silicone Oil Removal Pearls for reducing complications.March 2011. Retina today
- Manish Nagpal, NavneetMehrotra, RiturajVidekar, Rajen Mehta. SD OCT Features of Macula and Silicon Oil–Retinal Interface in Eyes Status Post Vitrectomy for RRD. The Open Access Journal of Science and Technology; Vol. 2 (2014).
- Nagpal MP, Bhatt KJ, Mehrotra NS, Goswami SD. Angiographic and spectral domain optical coherence tomography features in case of Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada disease. Indian J Ophthalmol 2015;63:162-3.
- Letter to editor. Primary posterior capsulectomy with anterior vitrectomy in adult traumatic cataracts. Indian Journal of Ophthalmology: Vol. 63; No. 1
- Morphometric analysis of fovea with spectral-domain optical coherence tomography and visual outcome postsurgery for retinal detachment.Indian J Ophthalmol. 2014 Aug;62(8):846-50.
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Challenges.Retina. 2016 Dec 20. doi: 10.1097/IAE.0000000000001365. [Epub ahead of print]
- Retinal findings in a case of presumed cutis marmoratatelangiectaticacongenita.Retin Cases Brief Rep. 2016 Dec 7.
- In Vivo Assessment of Choroid in Diabetic Retinopathy by Enhanced Depth Imaging in Spectral Domain Optical Coherence Tomography.Asia Pac J Ophthalmol (Phila). 2016 Sep-Oct;5(5):319-23.
- Leukemic optic nerve infiltration in a patient with acute lymphoblastic leukemia.Retin Cases Brief Rep. 2016 Spring;10(2):127-30.
- Vitreous Punctate Spots in Eyes with Intermediate and Posterior Uveitis Using Spectral Domain Optical Coherence Tomography.Original Article DJO 2017;28(1):16-19.
- Globe perforation following chalazion surgery. JOJ Ophthalmology. Case Report Volume 3 Issue 4 - July 2017
- Presentations in Noida Ophthalmological Society monthly and annual meetings
- Posterior segment involvement in LASIK surgery – All India refractive surgery conference 07’
- .Poster presentation in DOS annual conference.
- Thesis accepted as a poster presentation in forthcoming AIOS conference in Jaipur.
- Best video award at ASRS.
- Presented poster ‘Combined spectral domain OCT, FA and ICG features in various uveitic conditions’ in IOIS Goa 2011.
- Presented Poster ‘Central serous retinopathy in the fellow eye following treatment for Probable Vogt Koyanagi Harada Disease’ at USI annual conferencein Bhubaneswar in Dec 2012
- Poster presentation at AAO 2013 ‘ SD OCT features of macula and silicon oil retinal interface in eyes status post vitrectomy for RRD’
- Presented ‘venous occlusions – role of intravitreal implant’ in ROS Kota 2014.
- Co-author of presentation ‘SD OCT findings and visual outcomes in eyes undergoing silicone oil removal’ at VRSI Agra 2014
- Co-author of presentation. Efficacy of intravitreal anti – VEGF injections and grid laser using end point management (EPM) for diabetic macular edema (DME). VRSI 2014
- Co-author of poster ‘In-vivo assessment of choroid in diabetic retinopathy by SD – OCT’ at VRSI Agra 2014
- Co-author of paper ‘Vitreous punctate spots in eyes with posterior uveitis using spectral domain optical coherence tomography’ at USI Delhi 2014
- Co-author of a case on ‘Necrotising scleritis in GPA’ in challenging cases session at USI 2014
- Poster presentation in SNEC 25 (Singapore National Eye Centre 25 years celebrations) ‘To describe changes in spectral domain optical coherence tomography (SD-OCT) scans during healing in multifocal serpiginoidchoroditis (MSC)’.
- Case presentation ‘ CSR mimicking choroiditis’ at EVRS, Venice 2015
- Attended perceptorship programme at SNEC in October 2015
- Paper presentation “ Correlation of panorama OCTA with ICGA in serpigenous like choroiditis” at IOIS Laussane 2017
- Presented papers and moderated sessions at the biennial conference of the Retina Foundation Ahmedabad – AVRTT for last 6 years.
- Case presentation at ‘ Uveitisuncoded’ – uveitis meet at LVPEI Hyderabad March 2018.
CMEs and Conferences
- Regular in attending VRSI annual conference.
- Regular in attending AIOS annual conference
- Regular in attending ROS (Rajasthan Ophthalmological Soceity) annual conference
- Regular in attending AGOS (All Gujarat Ophthalmological Soceity) annual conference.
- ORBIS squint week February 06’
- All India Refractive Surgery Conference 07’
- ROP conference February 08’
- Diabetic retinopathy conference at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital 08’
- Moorfields uveitis course at PGI Chandigarh 2010
- Attended USI annual conference in 2009, 2010, 2011,2012, 2013,2014 and 2015.
- American academy of Ophthalmology 2013 New Orleans
- Retnet conference Hyderabad 2014
- Singapore National Eye Centre 25 years celebrations, Singapore 2015.
- EVRS Venice 2015
- SNEC and SERI perceptorship programme 2015
- IOIS Laussane 2017
Membership in Scientific Societies
- Member of NationalAcademy of Medical Sciences.
- Member of All India Ophthalmological Society (M11787)
- Member of Vitreo retinal society of India (M568)
- Member of Uveitis society of India
- Member of Delhi Ophthalmological Society (M2506)
- Member of Noida Ophthalmological Society
- Member of Ahmedabad Ophthalmological Society
- Member of All Gujarat Ophthalmological Society
- Member of Rajasthan Ophthalmological Society
- Member of International Ocular Inflammation Soceity.
- Central corneal thickness as measured by Orbscan II in adult population – A hospital based study
- Dr P N Nagpal Director, Retina Foundation, Ahmedabad .
- Dr Manish Nagpal Vitreo retina consultant, Retina Foundation, Ahmedabad
- Dr. A. K. Gupta Academic director, ICAREEyeHospital and Postgraduate Institute, NOIDA (U.P.) Mob. No.-09891082448.
- Dr Sushil Choudhry Director, ICARE Eye Hospital and Postgraduate Institute, NOIDA (U.P.) Mob no.- +91- 9811048424
- Dr ShahanaMajumdar Consultant, SitaramBhartiyaHospital, New Delhi. Mob no. +91-9818575883.
- Dr Surbhit Choudhry Consultant, Eye Health Cliniq, NOIDA. Mob no.+91- 9811331972.
- Dr. Uma Sridhar Consultant, Cornea services, ICAREEyeHospital and Postgraduate Institute, NOIDA Mob no. +91- 9312641433
- Father’s name: Mr. S. K. Mehrotra
- Date of birth : 5th April 1979
- Marital status: Married
- Language known: English, Hindi and Gujarati
- I hereby declare that all the information given in this application is true and accurate.
- Date: 17th April 2018 (Dr.NavneetMehrotra)