Dr Kamal Nagpal MBBS,
Aso Palov Eye Hospital
Near Shahibag Underbridge
Ahmedabad - 4
Gujarat - India
Phone No. (079)22865537,22867982 (W)
Phone No. (079)22869531,22865090 (H)
Email ID drkamalnagpal2211@gmail
Email ID www.retinafoundation.com
Brief Profile :
Soul Square offers a zone for rejuvenation - guidance and navigation tools that are required during life challenges - physical, social or psychical. Rejuvenation following a life crisis is essential – to work towards physical and psychological revitalization of an individual.
This compliments the enormous growth in the medicine sector, the basic aim being - Adding worthwhile living for each life in addition to prolonging lives.
Another major objective is to provide opportunities for individuals to play an active role in working on own health and wellness issues as well as to unveil new dimension of well-beingness / wellness / health.
Healing and growth is facilitated through self-healing and self-growth, nurturing of the mind, body, and spirit. Consciousness and intention have remarkable and pronounced effects on health. Promotion of integration and consciousness within a person enables him to move towards a higher sense of being and healing.
- Helped to set-up Research Department in Retina Foundation, capable of conducting investigator initiated and Sponsered Trials
- Took part in the following clinical studies as Principal Investigator or Co-investigator:
|Macugen in Diabetic Macular Edema||Phase II/III||Sub Investigator||2007-2011|
|parallel group study evaluating the efficacy and safety of latanoprost (xalatan) and timolol in paediatric subjects with glaucoma||Phase III||Principal Investigator||2008 - 2009|
|Diabetic Macular Edema dose ranging, Comarator study evaluating the efficacy and safety of PF-04523655 Versus LASER Therapy (DEGAS)||Phase II||Sub Investigator||2009 – 2011|
|Age related Macular Degeneration (AMD), Open Label, Comparator controlled, study evaluating PF-04523655 versus RANIBIZUMAB in the treatment of subjects with Choroidal Neovascularization (MONET STUDY)”||Phase II||Sub Investigator||2010 – 2011|
|VEGF Trap-Eye & Lucentis in subjects with neovascular age-related macular degeneration (AMD)”.||Phase III||Sub Investigator||2008 - 2011|
- AIOS CME newsletter on Manangement of Diabetic Retinopathy Vol 3 co authored by Dr Kamal Nagpal, Manish Nagpal and Dr P N Nagpal
- 2001: Mamalis N; Nagpal M; Nagpal K; Nagpal P N Endophthalmitis following cataract surgery. Ophthalmology clinics of North America 2001;14(4):661-74, ix.
- 2001: Nagpal M; Nagpal K; Nagpal P N Postcataract cystoid macular edema. Ophthalmology clinics of North America 2001;14(4):651-9, ix.
- 2002: Nagpal Kamal; Nagpal Manish; Nagpal P N Intraocular metastasis of pancreatic cancer: report of two cases. Retina (Philadelphia, Pa.) 2002;22(6):826; author reply 826-7
- 2003: Nagpal Manish; Nagpal Kamal; Sharma Shobhana; Puri Jyoti; Nagpal Pran N Transpupillary thermotherapy for treatment of choroidal neovascularization secondary to age-related macular degeneration in Indian eyes. Indian journal of ophthalmology 2003;51(3):243-50.
- 2004: Nagpal Manish; Nagpal Kamal; Rishi Pukhraj; Nagpal Pran N Juvenile rhegmatogenous retinal detachment. Indian journal of ophthalmology 2004;52(4):297-302.
- 2005: Nagpal Manish; Nagpal Kamal; Bhatt Chirag; Nagpal Pran N Role of early radial optic neurotomy in central retinal vein occlusion. Indian journal of ophthalmology 2005;53(2):115-20.
- Review article on “Our experience with Avastin” Major review- Journal of ophthalmology – DJO Vol 11, No 2 & Vol 12 No 1 Jan – June, 2006 – Manish nagpal, Shashank Bidaye, Kamal Nagpal
- Review article on “CRVO: Current Practice” – Orissa journal of ophthalmology – Oct, 2006 – Kamal Nagpal, Manish Nagpal & Mudit Bansal
- Review article on “ Global optimism on the use of Avastin may not be unfounded” – Ophthalmology Times Vo 2, issue – 8, 2006 – Manish nagpal, Kamal Nagpal,
- Review article on “A Comparative debate on the various anti-vascular endothelial growth factor drugs: Pegaptanib sodium (Macugen), ranibizumab (Lucentis) and bavacizumab (Avastin)”– Dr Manish Nagpal, Dr Kamal Nagpal & Dr P N Nagpal – Indian Journal of Ophthalmology –Nov-Dec, 2007- Vol.55:437-9.
- 2007: Nagpal M; Nagpal K; Nagpal P N A comparative debate on the various anti-vascular endothelial growth factor drugs: pegaptanib sodium (Macugen), ranibizumab (Lucentis) and bevacizumab (Avastin).Indian journal of Ophthalmology 2007;55(6):437-9.
- 2009 : Nagpal M; Nagpal K; Mehta V Surgical choroidal neovascular membrane removal in the era of anti-vascular endothelial growth factor agents. Indian journal of ophthalmology 2009;57(2):146-8.
- Comparison of clinical outcomes and wound dynamics of sclerotomy ports of 20,25 and 23 gauge vitrectomy: Nagpal M, Wartikar S, Nagpal K : RETINA 29;225-231,2009
- Comparison of laser photocoagulation for diabetic retinopathy using 532 nm standard laser versus multisport pattern scan laser (PASCAL): Nagpal M, Wartikar S, Nagpal K : RETINA 30;3;452-458,2010
- Authors reply to the PASCAL article in RETINA : Nagpal M, Nagpal K : RETINA;2010,Vol 30, No 10;1750
- Nagpal M., Videkar R. & Nagpal K. Simultaneous Presentation of Branch Retinal Artery Occlusion and Vitreomacular traction. Retinal Cases & Brief Reports Vol.5(3) 259-261, 2011.
- Nagpal M., Mehrotra N., Chaudhari N. & Nagpal K. Efficacy of Preoperatie Bevacizumab Injection for Vitrectomy in Diabetic Tractional Retinal Detachment. World Journal of Retina & Vitreous. September-December Vol 1 (2) 52-57 2011
- Nagpal M, Jain P., Nagpal K. & Patil A. Outcomes of Retinectomy of 1800 or more in Retinal Detachment with advanced Proliferative Vitreoretinopathy. World Journal of Retina & Vitreous September-December Vol 1 (2) 63-68, 2011
- Ahmedabad Ophthalmology Society (AOS)
- Gujarat Ophthalmology Society (GOS)
- All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS)
- Vitreo Retinal Society of India (VRSI)
- Marital status : Married
- Nationality : Indian