Dr. Sapan Shah
- Retina Foundation ,Shahibaug Ahmedabad
- DATE OF BIRTH : 14th December 1988
- GENDER : Male
- NATIONALITY : Indian
- ADDRESS : B/301, panchajanay apartment, panchavai 2nd lane,
- B/H Monalisa tower, ambawadi Ahmedabad-380006
- Email: email@example.com
- Mobile: +91 9974898672
- Fellowship in Orbit ,Oculoplastic and Ocular oncology at Aravind eye insitutue from October 2016 to March 2018
- Completed three year residency at Shri C.H. Nagri Eye Hospital, Ahmedabad and got good exposure to various surgeries.
- Glaucoma & Oculoplasty : 24 months
- Retina : 6 months
- Cornea : 6 months
- Medical internship of 1 year duration at V.S hospital , Ahmedabad from March 2011 – March 2012
- Phacoemulsification (topical)
- Cornea and Ocular surface
- Refractive Surgeries
- General ophthalmology
WORK EXPOSURE DURING RESIDENCY& Fellowship:
- CATARACT: Performed hundreds of SICS (small incision cataract surgery) and done adequate phaco emulsification with good surgical skills and also proficiently handled surgery related complications.
- RETINA : Carried out medical retinal examination , Ultrasound, Intravitreal injection, Vitreal aspiration and biopsy for sample and Laser Photocoagulation for treatment of retinal disorders.
- CORNEA : Conducted specular microscopy, Topography, Penetrating keratoplasty, intracameral injection of drugs, Amniotic Membrane grafting. Also performed pre operative work up for refractive surgeries and assisted in LASIK and PRK procedures.
- GLAUCOMA: Conducted glaucoma examination including tonometry,gonioscopy, HRT, perimetry, trabeculectomy, laser posterior capsulotomy.
- OCULOPLASTY& ONCOLOGY : I have undergone extensive training in diagnosing and treating various orbit and oncology eye cases like Retinoblastoma , Lymphoma ,Rhabdomyosarcoma, adenocystic carcinoma, pleomorphic adenoma, basal cell carcinoma, sebaceous gland carcinoma, ocular surface squmouas cell neoplasia, Meibomian gland carcinoma, lid reconstruction after tumor removal Entropion , Ectropion , Ptosis , DCR ,Enucleation with implant , Orbital Floor fracture and various Orbitotomies. I have done all pre andpost operative management of surgical cases. I did more than 500 SICS and 20 phaco during my residency and fellowship.
- OTHERS : squint surgery, pterygium excision, conjunctival autograft.
- Community Work : I have taken part in various diagnostics camps, visual handicap certifications, eye donation awareness lectures and assisted in school health program in Ahmedabad and Madurai city during my 3 years of residency and fellowship tenure.
- I have single handedly managed ophtlmic emergencies like chemical burns , acute angle closure glaucoma , retinal artery occlusions and penetrating injuries.
- Phacoemulsification surgeries including hard cataracts, complicated cataracts and cataract operations in one eyed patients. Done more than 5000 cataract surgeries.
- Also experienced in newer procedures such as subluxated cataracts with CTR & newer CTRs like Cionni ring implantations, Ahmed segment implantations, sclera fixated IOL, posterior iris fixated IOL, newer IOL like Toric IOLs and multifocal IOL, Limbal Relaxing incisions.
- Competent and experienced in: Pterygium excision with autografts,
- Amniotic membrane transplantations,
- Penetrating Keratoplasties
- Lamellar keratoplasties like DALK, DSEK
- Also has keen interest in ocular surface work.
- Performed newer ocular surface surgeries like amniotic membrane transplantation, stem cell transplantation like SLET, Lid mucous membrane grafting in cases of SJS syndromes
- Lasik & PRK
CONFERENCES & CME ATTENDED :
- Cataract workshop by Raghudeep Eye clinic – December 2013
- OPAI annual conference – September 2014
- Glaucoma convene by Raghudeep eye clinic – June 2014
- 42nd All Gujarat Ophthalmological society conference –September 2014
- Strabismology CME –September 2015
- AOSCON ( Ahmedabad ophthalmological society)- June 2015
- 44nd All Gujarat Ophthalmological society conference –September 2016
- CME on LASIK –Shri C.H. Nagri eye hospital
- CME on cataract -Shri C.H. Nagri eye hospital
- CME on squint - Shri C.H. Nagri eye hospital
- CME on Cornea - Shri C.H. Nagri eye hospital
- OPAI annual conference – October 2017sss
ACADEMIC ACTIVITY :
- Research work : “Comparison between Endoscopic DCR and external DCR” – A dissertation submitted to Gujarat university under the guidance of Dr. Nitin Trivedi ,Head of Unit, Shri C.H. Nagri eye hospital.
- Publication : “ A rare case report of post -traumatic luxation of globe with optic nerve avulsion “ – Indian journal of research in Vol.05,issue 05,May 2015.
- Paper Presentation :
- 1) “Effect of laser PI on vision, IOP, depth and angle of anterior chamber in cases of NAG“ – GOS 2015.
- 2)“Relationship between macular thickness and axial length in young myopic patients “ – GOS 2015.
- 3)“Orbital Rhabdomyosarcoma , Histopathological Variant & Treatment Modalities : A Case Series” -GOS 2017 with best paper award
- Poster submission :
- 1)“EEffect of Orbital Tumors and Different types of Orbitotomy on Extraocular Motility and Diplopia“ –OPAI 2014
- 2)“ Acute Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis after intravenous Administration Of Methylprednisolone In patient with Grave’s Thyrotoxicosis” – OPAI 2017
AREA OF INTEREST:
- Apart from general ophthalmology, I have keen interest in oculoplasty and ocular oncology.
|1||Dr. Usha Kim||Chief medical officer of Orbit &oculoplasty department at Madurai , Aravind eye hospital||+91- 948707559|
|2||Dr.Tejas Desai||Professor & Head of Retina Unit and Superintendent, Shri C. H. Nagri Eye Hospital||+91- 9327004888|
|3||Dr. Nitin trivedi||Ex Professor of oculoplasty Unit and dean of Nagar school of Optometry,ShriC.H.Nagri Eye hospital||+91-9879985808|
- I hereby certify that all information by me is true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge.
- NAME: Dr. Sapan S Shah
- DATE : MARCH 2018
- PLACE : Ahmedabad.
MEMBERSHIP IN SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES:
- Member of All India Ophthalmological society (M17953)
- Member of Cornea Society of India
- Member of Ahmedabad Ophthalmological Society