Dr Sheetal Mahuvakar
(Consultant, Cataract, Cornea & Refractive services)
- Retina Foundation ,Shahibaug Ahmedabad
- Email: email@example.com
- Mobile: +91 9714806660
Currently : Specialty: Cataract, Cornea & Refractive surgeries.
- Highly motivated professional eye specialist with good academic background, skilled and experienced in comprehensive Ophthalmology with keen interest in Phacoemulsification, Refractive Surgeries and Cornea.
- Worked as consultant in anterior segment for 3 years in Bombay City Eye Institute and Research Centre, Mumbai and was involved in training of a number of students and fellows in phacoemulsification.
- Working as Anterior chamber consultant in cornea and cataract department of Retina foundation and Aso Palov Eye Hospital, Ahmedabad from November 2013 till date.
- Diplomate National Board (Ophthalmology)
- Fellowship in Cornea and anterior segment at L V Prasad Eye Institute & Research Centre, Hyderabad (ST)
- Bespoke Refractive surgery training at Narayana Nethralaya, Bangalore.
- Fellowship in Comprehensive Ophthalmology & Phacoemulsification at Bombay City Eye Institute & Research Centre, Mumbi
- Fellowship in Glaucoma at Bombay City Eye Institute & Research Centre, Mumbai (ST)
- M.B.B.S. (University of Mumbai)
- Phacoemulsification surgeries including hard cataracts, complicated cataracts and cataract operations in one eyed patients. Done more than 5000 cataract surgeries.
- Also experienced in newer procedures such as subluxated cataracts with CTR & newer CTRs like Cionni ring implantations, Ahmed segment implantations, sclera fixated IOL, posterior iris fixated IOL, newer IOL like Toric IOLs and multifocal IOL, Limbal Relaxing incisions.
- Competent and experienced in: Pterygium excision with autografts,
- Amniotic membrane transplantations,
- Penetrating Keratoplasties
- Lamellar keratoplasties like DALK, DSEK
- Also has keen interest in ocular surface work.
- Performed newer ocular surface surgeries like amniotic membrane transplantation, stem cell transplantation like SLET, Lid mucous membrane grafting in cases of SJS syndromes
- Lasik & PRK
- Sound experience in handling of all routine and complicated Out Patient Department cases.
- Topographies and Aberrometry
- Specular Microscope
- A scan biometry and IOL master
- B scan
- Corneal scraping
- YAG laser iridotomies and capsulotomies
- Actively involved in training Phacoemulsification to national & international trainees at Bombay City Eye Institute & Research Centre, Mumbai
- Also involved in teaching postgraduate DNB students at Bombay City Eye Institute & Research Centre, Mumbai
- Winner of Intercollege quiz in ophthalmology in 2008, Mumbai
- Winner of an ophthalmic quiz at Maharashtra Ophthalmic Society conference in 2009
- Winner of “Ms Ophthalmology” title in an academic quiz at Maharashtra Ophthalmic Society conference in 2009
- Winner of best scientific poster at ocular surface workshop, SankarNetralaya at Chennai 2015
- Winner of grand video award at IIRSI (Indian intraocular & Refractive surgery society) 2017 meet for an academic video titled “Let there be light”
- Won video award ( When the going gets white) in cataract complicated cases section at IIRSI 2017 meet
- Won runner up awards for two academic photos titled “sands of sahara” and “Treasure hunt” at IIRSI 2017 meet.
- Winner at baroda film festival 2017 for an academic video
- Runner up award in photo competition for the academic photo “ strings of guitar – subluxated cataract” in keracon 2017 conference.
- Winner of Bursary grant at ESCRS 2018 for high scoring paper.
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS:
- Presented a paper on “Correlation of Corneal Thickness with IOP” at Maharashtra ophthalmic society in 2005
- 2.Paper presentation titled “Distribution Of Spherical Aberration In Western Indian Population” at APACRS 2014.
- Video presentation “To Do The Undo – Iatrogenic Iridodialysis Repair” at APACRS 2014.
- Presented on “How To Read Topography - 5 pearls” at Ahmedabad ophthalmic society conference in 2015 as a faculty
- Scientific Poster presentation on “Thermal Injury case” at Ocular Surface CME OSKON 2015 at SankarNetralaya , Chennai.
- Scientific Poster presentation on “Boston Keratoprosthesis in GDLK- Long Term Follow Up” at Ocular Surface CME at SankarNetralaya (OSKON), Chennai in 2015 – It was awarded as a best scientific poster.
- Presented on “Anterior Segment OCT in Corneal Pathologies” at Gujarat ophthalmic society conference in Oct 2015 as a faculty.
- 8.Presented on “LID mucous membrane grafting in SJS” at Gujarat ophthalmic society conference in Oct 2016 as a faculty.
- 9.Presented on “Simple limbal epithelial transplant” at Ahmedabad ophthalmic society conference in 2016 as a faculty.
- 10.Published article on “ chamdelier assisted combined phacovitrectomy” in Retina Today journal may 2018
MEMBERSHIP IN SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES
- Member of All India Ophthalmological society (M17953)
- Member of Cornea Society of India
- Member of Ahmedabad Ophthalmological Society